Wednesday 13 June 2012

Barbara W Watler

BARBARA W WATLER


I am choosing to look at "old" as my topic area, and in doing so I have stumbled accorss Barbara W Watler's and her fingerprint work. the reason why I like this work is because we forget that we all have a unique one, and knowing about it is an "old" thing. I found her work from http://thetextileblog.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/barbara-w-walter-and-fingerprint.html and it is incredibly exciting. the reason for this is because we tend to over look the smallist details, like the fingerprint.
(The blue one is called Fingerprint series #50: Unity.)
(The one below is called Fingerprint Series #46: Vortex.) The different sections together form the image of the fingerprint, the shades created give it form, the arches of the lines remind me of waves. The darked sections of the black remind me of police films when they take the fingerprint and they had to much ink and force behind it when it was printed. The main thing I like about this is the fact that no two are a like.

No comments:

Post a Comment